1859 Mutual

In the narrative of our growth, Pike Mutual has penned a new chapter, merging with Woodville Mutual, and rebranding as 1859 Mutual. For a glimpse into the next pages of our story, you’re invited to continue the journey with us at our new website. https://1859mutual.com

Your house is your castle — but even the most well-protected of castles can suffer a burglary. While many homeowners understand how their insurance policy provides coverage in case of storm damage or a fire, they may not be aware of how it can help them after a break-in. Here’s what you should know.

What Type of Coverage Is Available?

Burglary incidents are covered by standard homeowner’s insurance policies. Your personal property coverage will help provide money to pay to help replace any items that were stolen during the break-in. In addition, dwelling coverage and other structures coverage will provide coverage to help repair your home or any detached structures that were damaged during the incident. This could include repairing a window that was broken, or a door that was forced open.

Are There Any Limitations to This Coverage?

Your policy is subject to deductibles and coverage limits. Your deductible is what you will pay out of pocket before insurance coverage begins to pay for the recovery. The limit is the maximum amount that can be paid for a claim. If you have valuable items, such as, but not limited to, jewelry or firearms, your policy may have additional sub-limits. You can extend coverage limits for high-value items according to your needs.

To ensure your claim is covered, you should always report burglaries to the police and your insurance provider as soon as possible. If you have questions about how your homeowner’s insurance policy covers thefts and break-ins, contact your Pike Mutual agent today. By understanding how your policy coverage fits your needs, you can have peace of mind for any situation.