We are committed to maintaining your privacy, and to using the personal information we have obtained about you only to provide our insurance products, and service for those products, to you. We do not sell or otherwise release your personal information to third parties, except as permitted or required by law
It is the policy of Pike Mutual to:
- Use only legitimate means to collect information.
- Make personal information available to third parties only for legitimate business needs, to regulatory or other government authorities or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Limit employee access to personal information to those who have a need for the information and are trained in the proper handling of that information.
What kind of non-public personal information do we collect about you and from whom do we collect that information?
We get most of our information about you directly from you. The application and other forms you complete, as well as any additional information you provide, generally give us most of the non-public personal information we need to know about you. We also collect information about your transactions with us, our affiliates and third parties. Depending on the nature of your insurance transactions, we my collect additional information, such as motor vehicle records, loss information reports, credit reports, court records or other public records, about you, or other individuals proposed for coverage, from outside sources. For property insurance, we may send someone to inspect and take photographs of your property and verify information about its value and condition. We also might obtain information from third parties, such as other insurance companies or consumer reporting agencies.
We use your non-public personal information to evaluate your application for insurance coverage, to determine your rates, and to process and service your policy, including settling claims and complying with any requests you make regarding your policy.
To whom do we disclose non-public personal information about you?
We do not disclose non-public personal information about you to any person without your written consent. Under the law, we are permitted to share information about you without your prior permission under certain circumstances to persons and organizations including:
- Your agent.
- Parties who perform a business, professional or insurance function for your company, including our reinsurance companies.
- Independent claims adjusters, appraisers, investigators and attorneys who need the information to investigate, defend or settle a claim involving you.
- Businesses that help us with data processing or marketing.
- Insurance regulatory agencies in connection with the regulation of our business.
- Law enforcement or other governmental authorities to protect our legal interest or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities.
- Authorized persons as ordered by a subpoena, warrant or other court order or as required by law.
- Lienholders, mortgagees, lessors or other persons shown on our records as having a legal or beneficial interest in your policy.
We will not give or sell any non-public personal information about you to other persons for marketing or solicitation purposes.
How do we protect the confidentiality of information about you?
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to those employees with a business need for such information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your personal information.
Where can you get your questions answered or leave a comment for us? You are welcome to call our office toll-free at (800) 828-6559. We will be happy to discuss with you any questions or concerns about privacy you may have. Thank you for your business!